10 Haziran 2008 Salı

One month and seven days ago...

That was like a ten years in the blogosphere. But in my world, it was just a really long time ago. I'd like to say that I was on vacation, sunning myself in Hawaii or some other tropical locale, but no, that's not the case...

Instead, there was a semi-happy ending to a family emergency, an official radio interview, a launch party at Studio Boum and My Savvy Space, the very fashionable but worth it "Product Runway" fashion show, the "Hard A" luge (of which I did not experience) at the Yelp party, Pole Dancing and debauchery at the Girl Power Hour Red Party (please refer to page 57 in the June issue of DList Magazine), some kick-ass music by Lisa Shaw & Miguel Migs and a full band of disco househeads at Chop Suey, the viewing of Sex and the City twice in less then 15 hours, DJ Tiesto and the Crave Sample Sale all in the same weekend, A Veuve Cliquot Rose launch party at the W where I met the illustrious JJ McKay, Nick Verrios looking suave and so-not-Seattle (but better) at Twist while promoting the unsavory and almost gag-worthy Basil Hayden liquor (for a good cause), a Summer Kick-off Social in the sky that actually included glimpses of that strange and illustrious shining orb-thing that resembles the sun, a special edition of SAM:remix at the OSP, a smaller than last year but much more cosy and exciting Chinese Information Service Center gala, the acceptance and start of a full time job and a very lengthy and exhausting "adjustment period," the beginning of life as I know it with my best friend "Blackberry" - otherwise known as "the manufactured extension of my right hand," and finally....the end of a silly feud at the Times.

Boring, I know. So I won't go into detail, apologize or justify. Just know that I wasn't ignoring you in vain or on purpose....I just needed a break.

Break be had. Event listing and info sharing behold.